If you ever moved before, you probably know that moving day is one hectic experience! There are buckets of to-do lists, and keeping track of everything can be a frightening. Likewise, one can easily forget some important items, resulting to a hindrance on their moving day. However, by following these easy steps, you can be on top of everything!
This might seem standard, but being organized is one of the best ways to combat the build-up stress before the actual move-in-day. This brief list of do’s and don’ts for moving day can be a helpful resource in making sure everything is taken care of.
- Check the list: Before you depart from your old house, make sure you double-check your list, and then again when you arrive at your new home. Check if anything is missing from your list, or from the moving companies when they arrive. Checking the list and being careful can ensure you that all your belongings will arrive safely!
- Kids/pets: Small kids and pets can easily be harm during the moving day process, which is why adults have to make sure they are out of the way. If possible, hire a babysitter for them on moving day, or put them into a room where they can play with toys or watch movies during the move.
- Transport valuable items yourself: Consider moving some items—the most valuable ones—by yourself. This way you can keep a close eye on these items, and ensure there will be a less likelihood of damages. Check here for some important items you might want to transport yourself.
- Simple manners: If you want your movers to be kind to your belongings, then be kind to them! Try offering them light refreshments to your movers on moving day. This is a great way to show your movers that you appreciate their hard work. If possible, make sure to leave them a tip when they are finished moving!
- Lastly, when you finally arrived at your new home destination, get ready to sign the bills and say thank you to the movers. Double check on everything by walking through your new home to guarantee your shipments has arrived safely
By following these simple guidelines, you will have a less likely chance of forgetting anything important, and have a less stressful moving day!
Once you are all settled in at your new home, try having a housewarming party, and meet your new neighbors!