Orange County is a beautiful area that consists of many well-known cities such as Irvine, Anaheim, Newport Beach, Fullerton and Huntington-Beach. More than three million people live in this county that is bordered by the Pacific Ocean and Los Angeles County. If you are not used to living in such an expansive area Orange County can seem overwhelming, but Student Movers is here to help you get to know your new neighborhood and settle into your new home or office.
Orange County was named after the plentiful orange groves that used to cover the area. Today, the Orange County area is filled with many wonderful attractions including Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, and more than 40 miles (64km) of California coastline.
Orange County also has a rich history that is rooted in the Tongva, Juaneno and Luiseno Native American groups that inhabited the area. The Spanish settled it and Mission San Juan Capistrano was constructed as the center of the European settlement. This mission is still well worth a trip today, as it is filled with relics and the history of the area. Get help with your orange county move.
There are a few major things you should be aware of before you move to Orange County. Number one, in general, it is an expensive county to move to. Check out our suggestions below about which cities are the least expensive. Number two, be sure to ask your real estate agent about the Mello Roos tax, which is a special tax added to your property taxes to pay for the city’s infrastructure. This only applies to houses built after 1982, but it is something to keep in mind. Besides those few downsides, Orange County is a beautiful place to live! Keep reading and learn more about which area will be a good fit.
Unsure about which city you should move to in Orange County? These five cities below have been named the best cities in Orange County to move to by Orange County’s Blog, the OC Weekly.
1) Lake Forest: A suburban area that has an excellent education system, great public service, and affordable housing. What more could you wish for?!
2) Long Beach: Even though Long Beach is actually Los Angeles County, OC Weekly counted it among OC’s finest because many former OC residents choose to live here. Why? Most inexpensive area on the coast and easy access to Los Angeles and Orange County.
3) Huntington Beach: Considered one of the best costal towns to live in because of its reasonably priced housing paired with its many attractions such as the Huntington Beach pier.
4) Fullerton: Put on the map because of its university, Cal State Fullerton, the city of Fullerton has a great downtown area with a very laid back vibe.
5) Santa Ana: Known as the future of Orange County, Santa Ana is located in a prime location that promises easy transportation matched with super affordable housing!
Have all your Orange County neighborhoods figured out? Great! A few other things you should know about moving to Orange County are: the weather is always great, traffic can be a major bummer and you should plan your transport accordingly, it is a fabulous location if you like the outdoors (surfing and snowboarding!), and that it is the land of suburbs. Any city you move to in Orange County will have a wonderful neighborhood, strong school system and excellent public services such as parks and community activities.
Moving to Orange County can be the perfect step for your family and/or business. Remember to find a reliable moving company that will help you get acquainted with your new surroundings. Our Student Mover’s headquarters are located in Newport Beach and we are always happy to share our favorite restaurants or shopping venues with our customers. Student Movers is comprised of smart, well-trained, college students who will know about your new neighborhood. Student Movers’ staff does more than move you from A to B. We will help you settle into the good life of Orange County!
Need some packing tips or a moving checklist? Be sure to check out our resource section and blog. We are always adding new content to help you moving day be as stress free as possible. We believe in strong customer service and treating you like a member of our moving family. Student Movers will go above and beyond and we are even available on short notice! Just call our customer service center today. Student Movers will make sure you have the best moving experience possible when you move to Orange County.