Moving to Los Angeles, a city filled with 3.8 million people (and counting), can be extremely daunting. Los Angeles county is even larger and has a population of almost 19 million people. Don’t despair, Student Movers is a great Los Angeles moving company and will help you get to know LA and find the perfect location for your new home!
Although there are some downsides, traffic, and lack of consistent public transportation, there are many positives to this vibrant beautiful city. It is one of the most diverse cities in the country, has beautiful weather year-round, amazing food, and a strong economic structure.
Best of all, there are many neighborhoods in LA that each brings a unique flavor to a Los Angeles experience. When you are researching neighborhoods in Los Angeles to move to, consider the following questions.
1) Will you need parking or will you be taking public transportation? Parking is becoming increasingly rare so be sure to find a place with good street parking!
2) Have you visited the neighborhood during the day and at night? Neighborhoods in Los Angeles have a very different feel depending on the time of day. Make sure you like the area and feel comfortable 24 hours a day. You should also look at the crime statistics in the area to make sure it is a safe neighborhood.
3) Where do your friends live? Even though Los Angeles is a relatively small city (502 square miles), it can take hours to travel from one end to the other. Consider finding a place that is near your current friends or family.
4) Do you have children? Make sure to look at the public school system in the area. There are many great schools in Los Angeles, but you want to move into their neighborhood.
5) What is the neighborhood culture? Do people walk and talk to each other or keep to themselves. Depending on your personality, you might feel more at home in a social neighborhood versus a more private one.
Even if you do consider these questions when moving to LA, you must go check out the area and get a feel for the neighborhood. First impressions are usually correct!
Some neighborhoods to consider are Brentwood, Hollywood Hills, Downtown, Hancock Park, Studio City, Santa Monica, Los Feliz, Echo Park, Manhattan Beach, Silver Lake, and the famous Beverly Hills. Each area has a specific culture, so do your research before you go hunting for your new home!
If you have decided on a neighborhood to move to in Los Angeles, we are a great Los Angeles moving company to go with! We are reputable and will put your needs first! We have been around for many years supporting our local communities and helping people move in and out of the Los Angeles Area.
Student Movers will ensure your moving day is stress-free and do more than help you move from A to B. We go above and beyond with our professionally trained staff, low rates, and excellent customer service.
Do you need a place to store your items while you move to Los Angeles? Student Movers can help with that too! We offer low-cost solutions and secure storage facilities for all your needs. Check out our rates online or call our friendly customer service staff.
Once you move to Los Angeles, you will understand why so many people call it their home. It is a large city but gets smaller and smaller the more people you know. Los Angeles is also home to a thriving sports culture, supporting the Los Angeles Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Sparks, and Kings.
If sports are not your thing, you can check out the Kodak Theater, Griffith Park, Hollywood Bowl, Grauman’s Chinese Theater, and the always-famous Hollywood Sign.
Moving to Los Angeles and finding a great Los Angeles moving company can seem like a large task- but Student Movers will help you make this new city your home.
Remember to research the Los Angeles neighborhoods, use Yelp or Angie’s List to read the reviews about a Student Mover’s team in your area who will help you get acquainted with your new neighborhood, consider storage solutions for your items, and follow our packing tips to help you make your moving day a great success.
Good luck moving to Los Angeles, the City of Angels!